Laneige Snow BB Soothing Cushion

Pardon my late update as I was trying to get the best photos for this post, I took the photos two times since the first time had yellow lighting ):

Back on topic, Laneige's BB Cushion has become one of my favourite daily items now, simply because it is so convenient.

Packaging & Colours:
The package taken apart looks like this (refer to picture above). It comes with two refills, one compact, and one instruction booklet. One of these refills is 15g, and will last you about 3-4 months with regular usage. I purchased mine from the Amore Pacific store for $38 before tax, and this one is different from the North American version which you can purchase in selected Target stores (with a different name -- Laneige BB Cushion).

I will be reviewing the imported version, but I will also introduce the North American version. I received a sample from Ipsy in its June giftbox, and it contained 3 shades: Light, Medium, and Dark (click here to see all the North American shades). The Asia-Pacific version actually has a wider variety of selection of 5 shades: 
For reference, I am using #21 Natural Beige, and it looks a lot darker on the cushion sponge than on the skin.

 
Application:
How this BB Cream works is that you would use the air puff (as they call it, in blue and white) and dab it into cushion and it would catch on to some product that you can lightly tap onto your skin. It on opinion, the air puff is similar to a Beauty Blender, it does not eat away at your product, but it catches on just enough to pull of an airbrushed look.

Replacement & Cleaning
Changing the cushion is easy, you just give the back end a bit of a push, and the whole refill will pop out. To replace the cushion, you simply do the reverse and pop the refill back in. And of course, the refills themselves come with a new air puff, so you can throw your old one out. These air puffs can be purchased separately for about $5, or you can simply wash them with a bar of soap. Yes, a bar of soap. The soap will press air puff and squeeze the excessive product and water out. It sounds weird, but it works. And the best thing about these compacts? They will fit any of the Korean BB Cushions. There are a wide variety of these cushions as they are the latest trend in Korea, and being environmentally friendly and money-saving at the same time, you can easily switch to another brand. Plus, the compact makes it super convenient to carry and allows mess-free on-the-go application.


Coverage:
The product itself has SPF 50+ and PA+++, which means that it has great sun protection properties. My hand, being more tanned than my face (since i never remember to put sunscreen on my hand for some reason), is the model here. As you can see in the after picture, that my skin tone is more balanced and even, and no veins visible. I would say that it has a light to medium coverage, as you can layer the product over and over again. My dark spots are significantly lighter after one application, so I always go back to those areas and do a second or third application. I don't use a concealer when I'm using this product on a daily basis, but when I do, I apply it before using the cushion. It allows another layer of BB Cream to cover over the concealer and the air puff blends it out more than my fingers do. 

Overall, I think it is a great product and it has definitely left my bottled BB Creams on the back burner. It has cut down a lot of my daily makeup routine time and allows my retouches to be so much more convenient. It is a clever product and I think it is worth every penny. 

Have you tried the new BB Cushions yet? And what are your thoughts?

Follow on Bloglovin


No comments :

Post a Comment