Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner


Benefit’s They’re Real Push Up liner is coming out this Friday so I thought it would be appropriate to review this product as I was able to get a hold of a deluxe-sized sample.

Keep in mind this review is from someone who’s never used gel liner before. The requirement of a brush to apply has always deterred me because it just seems like too much of a hassle. So Benefit’s new eyeliner is the perfect solution for the lazy girl in me. This pen liner has a gel formula that is dispensed from a special tip designed to hug the lash line, effectively eliminating the need for a brush. 



The Application
When I first tried the product it took some getting used to because of the unusual applicator. After a bit of practice I was able to get a solid line across the lash line. The slanted tip allowed for flexible movement so when it glided across the lid a smooth and even line was created. I even got in between the lashes to get rid of those annoying little gaps. The tip also made winging out the liner easier, although I was unable to achieve the same crisp point as some of my liquid liners.


The Pigmentation: 
The liner is very creamy and opaque. It dries down to a matte finish, which fares well with my oily lids. I can’t comment on the consistency since I don’t own other gel liners to compare with.  


The Longevity: 
I tested the eyeliner for roughly 10 hours, which consisted of going to class, the gym and shopping. And let me just say, the eyeliner did not budge. That’s pretty amazing considering I have watery eyes and that coupled with allergies means most liners smudge by midday. The removal of this long-wearing liner was also pretty simple. A cotton pad soaked in a bi-phase eye makeup remover or using a cleansing oil to wash off will remove all traces of this incredibly long-wearing liner.

Overall, I think Benefit’s They’re Real Push Up liner was easy to use and perfect if you're looking for a long lasting, smudgeproof eyeliner for the summer. 

What kind of eyeliner do you prefer? 

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments :

Post a Comment