Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Dark Spots Treatment

It's my first time reviewing a drug store product! There are usually good finds for a fraction of the price from items carried in premium beauty retailers. Most of my lip balm are usually bought from drug stores, since I lose them all the time, I can't really justify myself dropping $22 on a new lip care every other week. Dark spots have always been one of my woes since I have no self control when it comes to not squeezing, and I've been refused this problem any attention for way too long. So I've decided to work my way up the price ladder and try out different dark spot treatment products one at a time. Today I will reviewing this Garnier's Nutritioniste Skin Renew Dark Spot Treatment that I picked up from Shoppers Drug Mart few weeks ago. Garnier is a French brand and I have faith in them, since EU's cosmetic regulations are a lot more strict than those of North America. Even though higher ended brands are expensive, but this treatment isn't all that cheap either! After tax, this tube of cream cost about $25, about $10 higher than my expected price. (Since the next product up the ladder is $45).

For packaging, the treatment came in a metal tube (presumably aluminum) in a box, which is rarely seen on the shelves anymore. And it definitely has one of the better security features out of all the drug store products (since for a lot of them lack seals). The metal tube is a plus feature here because the formula contains a high concentration of Vitamin C, which will oxidize and lose its effectiveness if exposed to light. The actual product itself is a light cream texture, and felt really rich. It take a while for the cream to get absorbed by the skin after spreading it out, and as you can see, it leaves a light sheen on the surface. Taking note of that, I took extra care to work the treatment in, in fear that it might not get absorbed properly. At first, I was pretty happy with the results, because I do notice a change in my dark spots. Then the horror happened, I started to feel bumps around my dark spots, and after a close-up look in the mirror, I have since stopped using this product. I have never, in my twenty years of life, gotten blackheads, and this product did just that. I suspect is because of the texture of the cream might be too oily for my skin, and hence the clogging. I'm sure this product has worked for other people, but unfortunately it did not for me. Perhaps reducing its usage by once every two days will counter its clogging effect, but for now I am giving this product a break.

Have you ever encountered a disappointing product?





No comments :

Post a Comment