Ipsy August 2014 Glam Bag

So I apparently have the worst luck while trying to blog this post. My internet was down for three days since Friday because my neighbour's who is having construction on their property, manage to dug up my internet wire and broke it into three pieces. Then I manage to take pictures of the complete wrong ipsy bag until I realized it was time to post. So here I am, a day late and several terrible lighting pictures later, presenting you this blog post. 

Today I'm not reviewing anything but just doing an unboxing post. Ipsy is an online monthly  subscription based personalized makeup bag. August is my month, so I was very excited to receive this month's ipsy bag. This month's theme is back to school, which ipsy reinforced with a pencil case style bag. The only down side to this clever idea is that the pencil case was badly deformed with semi-permanent dents in the soft plastic shell since it was compressed into an envelope package.

For my August bag, ipsy has sent me five items which are:

1. Perversion Mascara by Urban Decay - SAMPLE (0.1fl oz)     $6.50
I absolutely love to receive mascara samples; simply because you have to change them once every three to four months (to prevent bacteria growth and potential infections), and since I'm hardly go through my tubes even if I had a year, these are just the right size for me to get the most use out of them. I have heard good things about this mascara, and will definitely do a review on it in the future. 
2. Forever Blush Duo by Coastal Scents in Fresh (Left) and Elegant (Right) - SAMPLE (0.09oz)     $2.05
I prefer square or round blush samples because I apply my blushes using a big kabuki brush, and with two samples so close to each other, I feel that I will be getting two shades at once. Not that it's a bad thing (since Elegant is more of a bronzer tone for me), but Coastal Scents only sell single blushes, and I would love to try out one shade at once.

3. You're The Balm Lip Blam by Absolute in Grape- FULLSIZE     $3.00
This smells like a mixture of vanilla and grape, so if you like your fruity flavoured balms, this is not the one for you. There is also bits of glitter, not shimmer, glitter, mixed in the balm; why I said glitter is because shimmer particles are fine, dot-sized, and becomes one with the product, while glitter particles are bigger and stands out on its own. I really do not like balms that require extra tools for application, simply because it is very inconvenient (and unsanitary if you use your fingers).

4. Pores No More Pore Refiner by Dr. Brandt - SAMPLE     $13.75
Another interesting product! This pore refiner has lots of rave reviews on Sephora, but received a major thumbs down on Paula's Choice. I have yet to find the primer that converts me into a regular user, and am looking forward to give this product a try.

5. Silk Kajal Kohl Eye Pencil by Lord and Berry in Black - SAMPLE (0.02oz)    $5.45
I am an eyeliner junkie, and adore all types of eyeliners. I have yet to venture far into the lands of Kajal / Kohl, but have heard how well it stays true to its colour. For sure, I want to witness its staying power in comparison to that of gel or liquid.

Since I am located in the beloved north (aka Canada), ipsy charges me another $4.95 for shipping on top of its regular $10 per month. For what I paid ($14.95), I received $30.75 worth of products (not counting the makeup bag) in return, which is double of what I paid for.

No comments :

Post a Comment