Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser

I’m finally back with a new blog post! And let me start off by saying that I think shopping one’s stash is important, especially when in a pinch. It not only allows us to save a few bucks but also rediscover or, in my case, discover products that we already own.

Here’s the background story. I was home for the week since I had a short break from school. Usually, I have two sets of skincare, one for home and one for my apartment near my school but the last time I came home I had finished up the cleanser I was using. I had made a mental note to bring home one of the many deluxe-sized samples I had collected but alas, I forgot. So the morning after I got home I was digging through my hoard of products and found this, the Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser. 

Since this is a foaming cleanser it’s quite gentle. I quite like the idea of the foam because it reduces the friction and tugging of the skin. However, I did find myself using more than the 1-2 pumps recommended on the bottle. This cleanser did not strip all the natural oils or make my skin feel tight and dry. Instead, my face felt comfortable and soft. 


As mentioned above, I use this in my morning routine. I don’t know if it’s common knowledge but removing the skincare you’ve applied at night is just as important as removing makeup at the end of the night. It basically resets the skin for the upcoming day. Removing the skincare residue from the night before is essential because if not you’ll be piling more skincare and makeup on top. This can cause build up in the pores as well as render your morning skincare less effective. Anyways, I only use this cleanser in the morning because I found that it doesn’t remove makeup very well. Maybe if you wear something really light, like a tinted moisturizer, it would work for you. But for someone like me, who usually wears a full face of makeup, when I do decide to wear makeup, will need a more heavy-duty cleanser.

I also want to comment on the scent. I found it to be quite pleasant, a fruity-citrusy scent. I don’t get the “tea” in its name but do think its perfect for that morning wake-me-up for the skin and senses.

In brief, I think this is a good cleanser. Holy grail material? No. But definitely a good choice if you’re looking for a gentle cleanser for sensitive skin. 



Follow on Bloglovin 

 

No comments :

Post a Comment